About Acharya Mangalananda
Acharya Mangalanda is an American disciple of Sri Anandamayi Ma and has been deeply associated with India and its culture since he was 19 years old. He has been a follower of the Path of Bhakti Yoga and Mantra Yoga for over 40 years under the training of Sri Anandamayi Ma, and some of her closest Disciples, including Swami Bhaskarananda ji and Swami Kedarnath. Mangalananda shares both kirtan and workshops in Bhakti Yoga and Swakriya Yoga with people worldwide, touring Europe and the US every year.
Mangalananda lived and worked in Ma Anandamayi Ashram in central India for 12 years, where he still serves as an Acharya and Trustee. In 2001, he was asked to help open a school for the local village children. After founding the school, he also taught there for many years. He now resides in the USA in the San Francisco Bay area where he performs kirtan and is attempting to found a Center for Sri Anandamayi Ma there.
Mangalananda is the author of OM MA: Anandamayi Ma, a short life sketch of one of the twentieth century’s greatest saints. The book contains never before published stories, including the author’s own memories of his time with Ma.
More about Acharya Mangalananda:
- He has studied with some of the best Hindi teachers in India.
- He has been fully immersed in the culture for decades.
- He has taught English to Indian children via their native Hindi.
- He has taught many westerners to read, write, and converse in Hindi.
- He is an expert in Hindi grammar, pronunciation, sentence structure and expression, plus many local colloquialisms.